Where to apply for certificates depends on the alumnus’ date of graduation and undergraduate school/graduate school/school. See the Application List for details.
Click the appropriate tab to display details.
Click here for information on how to determine the affiliation of a deceased alumnus.
Types of certificates issued by the Alumni Affairs Section
Certificates of Graduation, Certificates of Withdrawal, Transcripts (Japanese/English), etc.
Please visit the Waseda Portal Office website for detailed information on online applications and follow the instructions listed. Credit cards are accepted for the payment of certificate issuance fees, return postage, and other fees via online applications.
If you have any questions regarding online application procedures, please check the FAQs. If you require any further assistance, please contact us via the Inquiry Form.
Request by In-Person / Postal Mail
- ■ Identifying document
- A copy of personal ID If your surname has changed, we will require copies of personal ID showing your old and new names, issued by a government office or similar.
* If you want an English-language certificate, submit a passport copy as ID.
- ■ Application Form
- PDF Format
- ■ Certificate fee: ¥300 per certificate (Japanese/English alike)
- When mailing from inside Japan
Purchase (from the post office) a fixed-amount postal money for the total amount.
* Leave the money order blank on both sides.
- When requesting from outside Japan
Enclose an international postal money order or international reply coupons for the sum of the certificate fee amount and the return postage. (Bank-issued documents and checks are not accepted.)
* When applying via a family member or representative
Prepare the following three items.
- 1A copy of the alumnus’s ID. If their surname has changed, we will require copies of ID showing their old and new names, issued by a government office or similar.
* If they want an English-language certificate, submit a passport copy as ID.
- 2Letter of proxy (bearing the alumnus’s signature) in PDF Format
- 3The representative’s ID
Where to Apply / Access
- Contact point
Alumni Affairs Section, Office of the President of Waseda University, 1st Floor, Okuma Kaikan, Waseda Campus
1-104 Totsukamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050 (MAP)
Monday – Saturday, 9:00 – 12:00, 13:30 – 16:00 (Closed on Saturdays during summer and winter break)
- Check details here.(Japanese only)
- Enclose the following documents.
- ■Identifying document
- ■Application form
- ■A self-addressed and stamped return envelope
- ■Certificate fee
- ■[If applying as a representative on behalf of an alumnus] Letter of proxy and a copy of the representative’s ID
Waseda University Alumni Affairs Section
1-104 Totsukamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050, JAPAN
Sometimes it is not possible to issue a certificate by the end of the day, even for applications made at the contact point. Also, confirm in advance where to apply, as it depends on the alumnus’ graduating class and undergraduate school. Be sure to check in advance.
* Applications by phone, fax, and email are not accepted.
* English-language transcripts and similar documents may require one to two weeks.
Inquiries about Issuing Certificates
If handled by the Alumni Affairs Section